The findings from this 2015 FMI industry survey are based on a combination of survey responses and interviews from almost 400 individuals who work in the construction industry nationwide; half of those participants represent millennials (individuals born between 1980 and 2000).
Some of the report's key highlights include:
* An inspiring and well-communicated vision is critical to engaging millennials long term.
* 74% of survey respondents expect to remain more than five years with their company.
* 96% of survey respondents are willing to work beyond what is required of them to help the business succeed.
* 98% of survey respondents stated that it was important for them to understand their career path and opportunities within their company.
* Survey respondents listed competitive pay, work-life balance, and personal development as their top choices for staying engaged.
The report also provides some practical insights on how to get started with developing a comprehensive talent strategy and a culture of engagement, including specific implications for the young workforce.