Tax Reform’s Impact on Your Construction Business & Market
Complimentary AGC WebEd: January 30 from 2:00 to 3:30 PM ET
Register today for this complimentary AGC webinar. Congress recently passed the most far-reaching tax reform legislation since 1986. No matter what your construction market—public or private—or construction firm—C-corporation, S-corporation, LLC, LLP, or partnership—the new tax reform law will have an impact on you.
During this webinar, you will hear tax and accounting firm CBIZ’s Cord Armstrong—a CPA and leader in the firm’s National Construction Industry Practice Group—AGC’s lead infrastructure and tax lobbyists and policy experts on Capitol Hill and with the U.S. Department of the Treasury—Sean O’Neill and Matt Turkstra, respectively— and Chief Economist Ken Simonson discuss:
· The impact of the new law on your construction business—no matter the type, C-corp, S-corp, LLC, partnership or so forth;
· Things your business should consider before converting to a C-corp, such as the 20 percent pass-through deduction and how it works;
· Changes to tax incentives for public and private construction, including but not limited to private activity bonds and the historic tax credit;
· Ambiguities in the law to be aware of and the chances of this Congress enacting “technical corrections” to address them;
· What’s next for the Department of the Treasury and Internal Revenue Service when it comes to issuing guidance and regulations to help you understand how to comply; and
· How AGC advocated for your construction business throughout this process and continues to do so.